Texas OnCourse has lots of resources designed to help Counselors, families, and students in every step of the Higher Education transition. Here's some we currently offer.
Texas OnCourse has developed original resources to guide college and career planning in middle and high school. Our resource portfolio includes a comprehensive online professional development platform, a middle school curriculum for college and career readiness, and tools to support education leaders on accountability and college, career, and military readiness. Through our website, we also provide a roadmap for students, their families, and teachers using various high-quality resources that other entities have created.
Texas OnCourse resources include:
- TexasOnCourse.org: Connects students, their families, and educators to everything they need to navigate the planning process for life after high school
- The Texas OnCourse Leader Fellowship: Counselors, advisers, middle school teachers, and administrators from districts representing all regions of Texas are selected to serve two-year terms, providing a professional learning network for their colleagues throughout the state.
Professional learning resources:
- Texas OnCourse Academy: With over 30 on-demand, self-paced modules, counselors, advisers, and other educators improve their practice so they can advise all students for any post-high school opportunity
- Monthly webinar series: In our monthly webinars, we connect counselors, advisers, teachers, and others to leading experts and the latest information and resources on critical college and career readiness topics.
- The Educator Playbook: A monthly email with practical resources for college and career advising. Great for counselors, advisers, and others directly working with students!
- The Texas OnCourse Middle School Curriculum Guide: Texas OnCourse products are integrated into flexible lesson plans and activities aligned with Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) standards in this user-friendly guide.
- MiddleGalaxy: We developed this career exploration game with the support of MIT’s Media Lab and the Institute for Applied Neuroscience. Middle Galaxy makes thinking about career and college accessible and fun for middle school students.
- MapMyGrad: With this online graduation planning tool, students and their families better understand endorsements and careers. MapMyGrad also helps students zero in on their skills and interests so they can have better conversations with their counselors about the classes they should take to get them where they want to go.
- Share Your Road: A website, developed in partnership with Roadtrip Nation, where Texas students can engage with the career journeys of real Texas professionals. Students and educators can use this tool to help map out a career pathway.
- Roadtrip Nation Texas: Texas OnCourse fueled a Texas road trip with Roadtrip Nation, with twelve high school students interviewing individuals about their career and college experiences. The resources created out of this work include a four-episode documentary series, as well as a series of short video vignettes for use in the classroom.
- Texas OnCourse Family Guide: A companion to the curriculum guide, this family guide helps parents and guardians support their children on college and career planning.
Data and accountability resources:
- DataDive: With this free data visualization tool, explore and compare college and career readiness data across schools and districts.
- The College and Career Strategist: A monthly newsletter for campus and district administrators, with information and resources about college, career, and military readiness and A-F accountability.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us through our Support Page (https://support.texasoncourse.org/kb-tickets/new)